Thursday, June 17, 2010

SUN!!!


The sun is out! It is still cool (53F/12C) and won't warm up much, but I can deal with that. Sun Sun Sun Sun SUN! (my, have we had a bit of caffeine already today???)

Just for fun I whipped up a quick collage -- I love this 3" size. It didn't start out being "beach-y", but when I opened the faux fish postage from ARTchix, this particular fish demanded to be used since today is the 17th. I found the old letter background on Flickr and it is one of my favorites already.

Besides the sea shell and feather brushes, I used a texture brush from Crumble. Crackle. Burn. by Von Glitschka (click on the photo to see it full size). The book contains 120 textures on DVD in tif, psd and abr formats. I'm normally not fond of ratty/rusty/decaying stuff, but I LOVE these. I added crackles at low opacity on top of the background to grunge things up a bit more -- layers and brushes and blending modes, oh, my!

I wish the rest of you a glad day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment