Monday, June 21, 2010

Kaffe & Friends Go to Bali


I don't remember showing you this quilt -- I finished the binding while I was down in CA and just got the label done tonight. It is one of the "Simply Charming" scrap projects I am teaching in July for Quilters Affair. Everything came out of my stash (although several of the pieces were fat quarters). My friend Tammy quilted it with an all-over floral design that adds a bit of texture but doesn't compete with all that pattern.

The pre-teaching crunch is on. I've got one wall quilt to bind plus a couple of journal size samples to finish up. I'd like to paint and stamp more fabric for my surface design class, add some embellishments here and there, plus I've got to look over my handouts... Which reminds me of a lyric from an old country-western song: "Work your fingers to the bone, whadya get? Bony fingers!" I already had those, so a bony butt would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment