Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Burst of Creative Energy!


Hello! Hello! Hello!

I was in a bit of a funk after I gave my latest quilt top to Tammy for quilting -- just couldn't decide what to start next. I want to have at least one more new project for my my show at Asilomar next month, but nothing called my name. I have several pieced tops in progress, but they're not knock- your-socks-off projects. What to do? I spent much too much time playing solitaire and fiddling with images in Photoshop...

Yesterday I got a call from a quilt guild in the Corvallis area. They need a speaker for their April meeting and would like to see my surface design and embellished quilts. That was the kick in the rear that I needed! This morning I whipped up a batch of flour-paste resist and applied it to a piece of mauve batik and now it is drying in the garage. I also messed around with a thermofax screen. That technique will need some practice, but it felt so good to play with paint at my workbench again. I've got some new stencils to play with, too, and now it doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment