Saturday, May 1, 2010

Crabby Crabby Grump Grump!

Translated, that means "I need to write my handout for tomorrow's "Simply Charming" class and I don't want to do it but can't put it off any longer"!!!

Since handouts don't make for pretty pictures, I thought I'd show a page from my workbench "sketchbook" (I don't sketch in it, but what else to call it?). It is a 6" x 9" spiral-bound book with heavyweight pages that I use to test paint colors, decorate with left-over paint, etc. I scan the pages at high resolution and then can use them as backgrounds for postcards, digital collages, etc. I used to use fabric to wipe my brushes clean, but the colors get muddy and the fabric too crunchy to work with. Now if I decide that last color was a really bad idea, I still have an intermediate fabric scan to play with. Pretty smart, eh? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment