Thursday, December 9, 2010

All Chained Up!

I should have worked on a quilt today, but I needed a bit of instant gratification. This bracelet took less than a day from start to finish, so I figure that qualifies. I wove the chain first, then added the beads. Getting the tension right on the beads was tricky (it took 3 tries...). The bling from the crystals is fun, but the chain is more fluid without them. Now that I have the hang of it, I want to make the plain chainmaille version.

I hope you're all doing well and not too stressed by the upcoming holidays. I haven't started my shopping so that is tomorrow's project. We're due to get some warmer weather by the weekend so our snow is melting off fast. My little dogs love to play in the snow, except when they sink in... At least it is warm enough for a decent walk (no one of us like to spend much time outside when it is below freezing!) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment