Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Wardrobe

Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you all a healthy, fulfilling and prosperous 2011.

I started this blog as a reminder that being positive is important to my mental health -- finding joy in the little things in life, and choosing not to dwell on nastiness. For 2011, I resolve to continue to embrace the things that make me happy: being creative, playing with my dogs, enjoying the company of friends and family.

A dear friend uses the expression "She has the same clothes to get glad in," meaning we all have a choice in how we relate to the world. We can internalize hurts and slights until they make us bitter or let them roll off our backs. The latter isn't easy, but I vow to put on my "glad" clothes every morning and greet the day with a sense of wonder and gratitude.

My new "resolution wardrobe" needs lots of fun accessories, and these are two that I finished in the last couple of days. I love bracelets with dangles, and what better reminder than something new and fun to wear. :-) I'd love to know if you made artful resolutions -- please leave a comment and have a Happy New Year!

1 comment: