Sunday, September 19, 2010

Run Faster! Jump Higher!

We had a very wet weekend here in Central Oregon, and normally that would be quilting weather. Not a chance, of course! Our first agility trial was this weekend, so the dogs and I were out in it all day yesterday. When it was even wetter today and my back cramped up, I decided it was time to go home for a nap on the couch instead!

I wasn't sure how Wookie would react to all the dogs and the hubbub of a show, so I just entered Yoda. That turned out to be a "good news, bad news" kind of decision. Wookie really wanted to run and wasn't fazed by anything, while Yoda only "came to work" in half our runs. When we ran well, we ran really well, and when we didn't, we really didn't! He is much faster than Wookie but less focused on me -- when he sees his favorite equipment, he takes off. He ran the dog walk twice on our first run and would have run it again if I hadn't called him off and convinced him that the tunnel really would be fun, too. :-) Even with all that, we got third place on our run and had a good time. Silly dog! He's already gotten more ribbons than I have for my quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment