Sunday, August 8, 2010

Shakespeare Goes Supernova

Our quilt show is over and I managed to get my challenge quilt done in time. I may do a bit more quilting on it, but thought you'd like to see what I've been up to the last two weeks. Our theme was "Starry, Starry Night" and I based the color scheme and placement on a photo of a supernova taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. The pattern is "Shakespeare in the Park" by Judy Martin (I changed the color placement to focus on the 4 large reel blocks). It was fun playing with color and value to make some of the border stars stand out and have some barely visible in the night sky. The quilt is approximately 60" x 60" and I'm quite pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment