Monday, April 5, 2010

Play Day -- Serendipity Collage

I've wanted to use my Golden paints and mediums to create a mixed-media collage for a while, and finally did it yesterday. Painting on canvas is very different than painting fabric--faster drying, more discrete layers so less color mixing, etc. It was fun but you can guess that the "just go for it" nature of the project caused a wee bit of anxiety at times!

I named the piece "Serendipity" for one of the words in the background. You'd have to know it was there now because it is covered up with paint, but that's the fun of it. It is 8" x 10" and includes some of my favorite images and colors. Hand embroidery through the canvas, paper and paint was interesting but not difficult since I chose a simple stitch. Now that I know what I'm doing and have the right supplies, the next one should go together a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment