Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Digital Art Journaling class


Hello! I'm having so much fun in my digital art journaling class! I haven't printed anything yet, don't know if my designs will make it to paper or fabric, but it is FUN FUN FUN! The class included a huge download of all sorts of goodies -- vintage clipart images, hand-painted background, etc. I am so inspired to play that I can't wait to get out paints to make some of my own yummy backgrounds.

We get a new prompt every day to stimulate our creativity. Our first was "HEART" and the first image is my response. I love the simplicity of it and think it could make a nice journal quilt.

Yesterday's prompt was "TREASURE" -- that one took some thinking! The text is from a song by John Denver and I'm really pleased with it. I'm trying for my own style, something that doesn't look too "scrapbook-y" but I still have a way to go to feel comfortable that I'm not copying someone else.

I love messing with digital brushes, but this one would look good with real paint as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment