Monday, January 10, 2011

Two of My Favorite Things

Fabric and my little dogs rate right up there as some of my favorite things. (Wookie says "Mama, can't you see I'm trying to sleep?")

My silly little dogs are a great reminder that it takes time to master a new skill. In my case, that would be dog training and agility. Yesterday in a workshop, Yoda completely blew me off and I had a terrible time getting his attention again. Of course, that happened while the whole group was watching, and no one else had that problem, not even the people with much younger dogs.

I rarely make a quilt that is a disaster anymore, but it is easy to forget that way back when, more than one piece ended up in the garbage... It took a lot of work to get where I am as a quilter, but I want to be that good in agility NOW without it taking years to get there! The hard part is that even if I manage to do everything right (which isn't likely, but still...), I have to count on my little partners as well. 'Tis a humbling experience, to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment