Thursday, February 18, 2010

I've Got Beads That Jingle Jangle Jingle...

The jump rings I ordered for this bracelet arrived yesterday and I spent a couple of hours putting it together. I sacrificed about a dozen sterling jump rings in the process--the beads are large enough that it was a challenge to close the rings cleanly and I had to re-do a few. I added the Hill Tribes silver strawberry charm to try to offset the weight of the beads, but it turned out to be more ornamental than functional. Oh, well, I like it anyway (and DONE is GOOD!).

Getting my package from Fire Mountain Gems triggered an organizing binge. I can't imagine that right-brained non-Virgos are likely to succumb to the overwhelming urge to move this here and that there, but I was pleased with the result. As Monk says: "It is a blessing and a curse." Amen to that! My project boxes are labeled, the pliers are happily ensconced in their new box, the jump rings and headpins are together in one place and all is right with my little world. Except, of course, I'd rather whip out another bracelet than work on things that need to be done. It is back to the grindstone, however...

No comments:

Post a Comment