Friday, January 15, 2010

Random Scraps


I'm working on two different scrap/scrappy projects at the moment (class samples, natch), and that has resulted in some interesting insights.

First, it is hard to be truly random. One project is string-pieced with strips in a variety of sizes and angles. It takes more effort than one might expect to avoid cutting the same angle every time or getting overly "matchy-matchy."

Which leads to the second observation--I am a wee bit obsessive and can take scrappy to extremes. If a block has 97 pieces like this Triple Irish Chain, I want 97 different fabrics in the block... Fabrics can (usually) repeat in the quilt, as long as they are in different positions. HA, I take that as evidence that I'm not completely out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment