Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Photo Quilts on Display at PIQF

So sorry for the lack of posts, I've been a little blue lately. I'm not looking forward to cold, gloomy weather... I don't think the dogs are, either -- Yoda definitely did NOT want to walk far yesterday when it was 15F out! (not that I blame him...)

I'm part of a small photography/quilting group called "Pacific Photos 2 Fiber" and we had a special exhibit at the Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF) in Santa Clara, CA a couple of weeks ago. We each had a couple of pieces in the show, all featuring photos or digital images in some way. There was a nice variety of subject matter and quilting styles. I will try to post pictures soon.

Our quilts must have made an impression on at least one person, since we were featured in her blog. Whether it was a good impression or not, I'll leave up to you! It was a good learning experience to see what someone else had to say, but definitely humbling! (my quilt is the last one she critiqued). I feel bad that my write-up wasn't more helpful so I looked at the fabric again and I can see the words (they're faint and not quite readable, but that was the intent), and she's absolutely right about the fish... Oh, well, live and learn, right?

Hope you're well and enjoying your creative time. Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment