Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Challenge Quilts

Our two local quilt shows are over for the year -- phew! (Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and our guild show). A break would be nice, but I've got to finish samples for the fall term at The Stitchin' Post. Oh, well, it is nice that someone might pay me to teach the fun things I like to do so I'm not really complaining.

Every year I pose a challenge to our quilt guild, and this year's was to interpret the theme "Heart's Delight" (or "Hearts Delight"). I'm not an ooey-gooey quilter so I went for the first meaning and made three little quilts (approx. 20" x 20"). They were designed to stand alone (class samples!!!) but they were related enough in color that they could work together as well. To meet the size minimum, I stitched them together for the show. For my artist's statement, I called the grouping "Follow Your Bliss" because I combined my passions for making fiber art and running my dogs in the sport of agility. I call the small pieces Art, Work and Play:


No comments:

Post a Comment